Back Market is looking to hire Logistics Operations Manager for New york, NY.
Position : Logistics Operations Manager
Work Location : New York, NY
Job Category: Operation – Logistics & BuyBack
Job Type: Perm – Contract (Full-time)
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $510 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. We have the objective of reaching 600 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2022!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that we hope will change the way the world consumes tech.
The role and team:
We are seeking a Logistics Operations Manager to help us expand and grow our logistics services in the US. The US market is one of our most vibrant and fastest-growing, with an opportunity for involvement in many key areas critical to growth.
- Help define and grow the logistics services to support our US market
- Implement projects as part of the US logistics services expansion
- Manage performance of key service providers through monitoring of KPIs related to cost, operations, and adoption
- Identify areas for improvement
- Promote logistics and its services to internal teams
- Functional areas include shipping optimization, fulfillment, repair, and reverse logistics
You’re in the right place if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in ecommerce, start-up, consulting, supplier management, and/or 3PL
- A background in transportation and logistics with experience in storage, fulfillment, and delivery, and an understanding of the tools associated with these functions considered a plus
- An ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based upon business needs
- Skilled at analysis to identify trends and root causes
- Capable of communicating via all means across different organizational levels
- Project management or similar cross-functional experience collaborating with multiple teams in an organization
- A facility with MS Office, Google apps, tableau, and data visualization/SQL-style data management tools
- Fluency in French considered a plus
- BA/BS in a related field of study
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We’re serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone’s opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Submit job application here